As a parent, you want your kids to be able to forget the scars of childhood, and, for now, you probably care more about their physical scars than they do. Fortunately, there's Mederma® for Kids™.
Mederma® for Kids™ is the #1 pediatrician-recommended product for kids' scars1. The gel goes on purple, rubs in clear, and has a fun grape scent, so kids can have fun with their scar therapy. It works for many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. Mederma® for Kids™ is clinically shown to soften and smooth scars, providing the same benefits as other Mederma® scar products.
In one study, parents who applied Mederma® for Kids™ to their child's scar saw a significant improvement in the overall appearance, color, texture, and softness of the scars.2 With Mederma® for Kids™, you can remove the doubt and take charge of their scars today, so they won't have to think about them tomorrow.
- 1. Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions, May 2013.
- 2. Data on file, MZ-004 Merz North America, Inc., December 2004.
Mederma® for Kids™ should be evenly applied and gently massaged into the scar 3 times daily until fully absorbed for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® for Kids™ as soon as the wound has healed or stitches have been removed. You may start using it immediately on older scars. Do not apply to broken skin.
Results take time
Don't get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® for Kids™ users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.
Mederma® for Kids™ is available in a 20 gram tube. Look for it in the children’s first aid aisle at Target stores.
To view full Drug Facts, click here.
- For external use only
- When using this product, do not get into eyes
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
- Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Mederma® for Kids™ could discolor delicate fabrics such as silk, leather, suede, and others.
- What is Mederma® for Kids™?
- Mederma® for Kids™ is the #1 pediatrician recommended product for kids’ scars1. The greaseless topical gel is grape-scented, goes on purple and rubs in clear, so it’s fun for kids to use. Mederma® for Kids™ is made with Cepalin®, a proprietary botanical extract, and provides an easy and affordable way to soften and smooth scars resulting from cuts, scrapes, stitches, burns, bug bites, and surgery.
- Are results guaranteed?
- Yes. If you have been using Mederma® for Kids™ for at least 8 weeks and you’re not happy with your results, return the unused portion to the store for a full refund. If you have any problems with your return, call us at 1-888-925-8989 and we’ll make sure you get 100% of your money back.
- Who should use Mederma® for Kids™?
- Mederma® for Kids™ is a non-toxic product safe for use on kids between 2 and 12 years of age. Some people may be sensitive to its ingredients, so if you experience swelling, scar discoloration or severe itching, stop using Mederma® for Kids™ immediately. If symptoms persist, contact your doctor.
- Where can I find Mederma® for Kids™?
- Mederma® for Kids™ can be found in the children’s first aid aisle at Target stores.
- Will Mederma® for Kids™ make scars disappear?
- Nothing can make a scar completely disappear. Mederma® for Kids™ helps scars appear softer, smoother, and less noticeable. All with the goal of helping your child feel better about his or her appearance.
- My Mederma® for Kids™ box says, “not intended for use on open wounds.” At what point is a wound considered completely closed?
- A wound is completely closed when the scab falls off or the stitches are removed. Your child can begin to use Mederma® for Kids™ as soon as there is no visible scab where the wound occurred or stitches have been removed. While there is still a scab or stitches present, keep the wound clean and covered - this will speed healing time and help reduce the appearance of the resulting scar.
- Can I use Mederma® for Kids™ with other products and medicines?
- You can safely use Mederma® for Kids™ with other lotions. However, Mederma® for Kids™ works best when it can be easily absorbed into the skin, so it’s best to apply when skin is clean and then allow time for it to dry before applying other products. Please consult your healthcare professional before using Mederma® for Kids™ with other topical (on the skin) products that you purchase with a prescription.
- What is Cepalin®?
- Cepalin® is the proprietary botanical extract in all Mederma® products. It’s part of the Mederma® formula that works to improve the overall appearance, texture, and color of scars.
- What happens if my child misses an application of Mederma® for Kids™?
- For the best results on your child's scar, you should try to apply Mederma® for Kids™ 3 times daily as directed. If your child misses applications frequently, it will take longer to see results. If you're concerned about forgetting to use it regularly, sign up for the Mederma® reminder program. It's a great resource for the forgetful and the diligent alike to be sure you keep up with your child's Mederma® applications.
- 1. Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions, May 2013.
Subjects experienced statistically significant improvements in the appearance, color, texture, and softness of their scars at week 8. The study found that the non-toxic gel was very well tolerated among users.1
Assessment of Treated Scars, Baseline vs. Week 81
- 1. Data on file. December 2004.