It’s hard to feel like yourself when it feels like everyone is staring at your scar. Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel can help you ease the doubts because it’s clinically shown to improve the overall appearance, color, and texture of scars.1 More doctors2 and pharmacists3 recommended Mederma® than any other brand for older and newer scars. It works for many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries. And since you only have to apply Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel once a day, it’s easy to use.
- 1. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, June 2012.
- 2. IMS Health, NDTI. December 2014.
- 3. Pharmacy Times and U.S. News & World Report, OTC Guide, June 2014.
Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 1X daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Advanced as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma® immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.
A little Mederma® Advanced goes a long way
Apply only a thin layer of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. Gently massage it into the scar until there is no shiny, wet or sticky feeling left. If your skin appears to be dry or is flaking after you apply Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel, you might be using too much. Try using a little less product or gently cleansing the area with mild soap and water before a fresh application. Remember that results take time, so don't get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Advanced users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.
Mederma® Advanced is available in a 50 gram tube in the skin care aisle and a 20 gram tube in the first aid aisle.
To view full Drug Facts and Product Ingredients, click here.
- For external use only
- When using this product, do not get into eyes
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
- Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- What is Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel?
- Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel is the first and only 1X daily topical gel formulated to help reduce the appearance of old and new scars. Mederma® Advanced is clinically shown to improve the color, texture, and overall appearance of scars.
- Are results guaranteed?
- Yes. If you have been using Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel for at least 8 weeks and you’re not happy with your results, return the unused portion to the store for a full refund. If you have any problems with your return, call us at 1-888-925-8989 and we’ll make sure you get 100% of your money back.
- Who should use Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel?
- Anyone with a scar can use Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel. However, some people may be sensitive to its ingredients, so if you experience swelling, scar discoloration or severe itching, stop using Mederma® Advanced immediately. If symptoms persist contact your doctor.
- Where can I find Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel?
- To find a retailer in your area that carries Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel, or to purchase online, visit the Where to Buy page. Look for Mederma® Advanced in the first aid or skin care aisle.
- Does Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel make scars disappear?
- No product can make scars disappear completely. But Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel can help them appear softer, smoother, and less noticeable.
- My Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel box says, “do not use on open wounds.” At what point is my wound considered completely closed?
- A wound is completely closed when the scab falls off or the stitches are removed. You can begin to use Mederma® Advanced as soon as there is no visible scab where the wound occurred or your stitches have been removed. While there is still a scab or stitches present, keep the wound clean and covered – this will speed healing time and help reduce the appearance of the resulting scar.
- Can I use Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel with other products and medicines?
- You can safely use Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel with other cosmetic products like lotions and makeup. However, Mederma® Advanced works best when it can be easily absorbed into the skin, so it’s best to apply when your skin is clean and then allow time for it to dry before applying other products. Please consult your healthcare professional before using Mederma® Advanced with other topical (on the skin) products that you purchase with a prescription.
- If I use Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel on my face to treat acne scars, will it cause me to break out?
- Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel is a non-greasy, water-based gel, so you should be able to use it without breaking out. However, everyone’s skin reacts differently to new products. Your best bet is to test Mederma® Advanced on a small part of your chest or back to see if you have a reaction to the product. If you do not have a reaction, you can then use it on scars as you see fit.
- What is Cepalin®?
- Cepalin® is the proprietary botanical extract in all Mederma® products. It’s part of the Mederma® formula that works to improve the overall appearance, texture, and color of scars.
- What happens if I miss an application of Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel on my scar?
- For the best results on your scar, you should try to apply your Mederma® Advanced daily as directed. If you miss applications frequently, it will take longer to see results. If you’re concerned about forgetting to use it regularly, sign up for the Mederma® reminder program. It’s a great resource for the forgetful and the diligent alike to be sure you keep up with your Mederma® applications, and it offers new tips and facts about skin and scars.
If you would like to rate this product, use the stars beneath the product image shown above.
With Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel, subjects saw a 36% greater improvement in the overall appearance of their scars after 8 weeks vs. untreated scars.1
Subject Assessment of Treated vs. Untreated Scars at Week 81
- 1. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, June 2012.
The Bullseye Design, Target and Target GiftCards are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Terms and conditions are applied to gift cards. Target is not a participating partner in or sponsor of this offer.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchasing will not improve your chances of winning. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and D.C., age 18 or older. Begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on 5/1/15; ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 5/31/15. Promotion consists of an Instant Win Game and a Grand Prize Sweepstakes. To enter, visit www.MedermaPromotions.com, complete the registration form in its entirety, and submit the form. 260 Instant Win Prizes, consisting of Target GiftCards ranging from $5 to $50, and two Grand Prizes, each consisting of a $500 Target GiftCard, are available to be won in connection with this Promotion. Total ARV of all prizes: $4800. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize are dependent on the random winning time selected for each Instant Win Prize available to be won, the number of participants in the Promotion, and the time and order any participant’s entry is submitted and recorded. Odds of winning a Grand Prize in connection with the Grand Prize Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize Sweepstakes entries received. Terms and conditions apply to Target GiftCards; see www.target.com for more information. For Official Rules and entry details, click here. Sponsor: Merz North America, Inc.