Stretch marks are small scars which are caused by growth spurts during puberty, sudden weight gain or a quick increase in muscle mass during exercise and can affect both men and women.
Chances are that you would like to reduce your stretch marks, despite them being praised as “tiger stripes” or “stripes of honor”.
- There are no proven treatments to completely remove them.
- Some natural remedies can help you reduce their appearance.
- Stretch marks are most associated with women but can also affect men.
In this article:
- Aloe vera
- Sweet almond and coconut oils
- Vitamin A
- Hyaluronic acid
- Argan oil
- Lemon juice
- Rosehip oil
- Centella asiatica or Gotu Kola
- Egg white
Aloe vera is a succulent plant with several medicinal properties. Above all, its gel has skin regeneration properties and is used as a natural moisturizing, soothing and cooling agent.[1–3] It contains antioxidants, such as vitamins A and C, and has anti-inflammatory properties. A 2018 study showed that aloe vera, together with sweet almond oil, reduced the itching of stretch marks.