Those who get cold sores, know you’ll often feel it before you see it. A couple of days after it does finally appear, it may break open and eventually crust over.
Without treatment, it may take around two weeks to heal and disappear, and you might experience pain around your lips and when swallowing. Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to get help heal a cold sore faster.
- There is no cure for the virus that causes cold sores, but cold sore patches can help minimize the signs and symptoms
- Common treatments likes anti-viral creams or tablets could help speed up your recovery compared to applying no treatment 
- Cooling home remedies for cold sores can help ease pain
In this article:
- Cold sore treatments
- Home remedies for cold sores
- Should you pop a cold sore?