Scar care products work in a variety of ways to help your scars heal and reduce the visual impact of scarring. We look at how these products work with your skin and what ingredients are used.
- Scar care products use a variety of ingredients and technologies to reduce the visual impact of scarring
- Some help skin remodeling
- They can increase moisture in the skin, improve elasticity, and protect against the sun
- Mederma’s® unique triple action formula works to visibly fades scars appearance in 8 weeks by locking in moisture, in order to renew cells and aid formation of collagen.
In this article:
- How do scar creams generally work?
- Ingredients providing skin moisture and elasticity
- Ingredients which soften the skin
- Ingredients to protect against sun damage and to improve skin tone
- Ingredients to help skin remodeling and improve the appearance of scars
- Things to remember