It is nearly impossible to get through life without getting a few skin injuries along the way. While they weren’t bothering you until now, maybe are you tired of seeing a particular scar on your body and perhaps you may be thinking about trying to get rid of it. Keep reading if you want to learn more about old scars and how Mederma® can help.
- Scars can form from injuries, surgery, acne and burns.
- There are four main types of scar which form differently and require different treatments.
- Old scars are harder to treat, but their appearance can be reduced over time.
In this article:
- What causes a scar?
- What are the different types of scars and how do you prevent them?
- What if I have older scars?
What causes a scar?
When your skin is injured, whether it is the result of a cut, surgery, burn or acne, a scar will form as a natural consequence of the skin healing process. Scars form due to excessive collagen produced at the site of injury.