Pregnancy stretch marks are most definitely stripes of bravery and honor. But even if you wear them proudly you probably wonder if you can fade them. Read on to find the best stretch mark therapy for pregnancy.
- 90% of women get stretch marks from pregnancy, so you are definitely not alone.
- Pregnancy stretch marks are unlikely to completely disappear.
- Using the correct treatment can help minimize their appearance.
In this article:
- Why do I get stretch marks from pregnancy?
- How can you prevent stretch marks during pregnancy?
- How can you treat stretch marks after pregnancy?
- How do I find the best stretch mark cream for me?
Why do I get stretch marks from pregnancy?
Pregnancy is one of the most common causes of stretch marks. Particularly during the sixth or seventh month, hormonal changes weaken the connective tissue while the growing baby stretches the belly. When the skin is stretched too fast for the underlying connective tissue to keep up, it can rupture and cause a type of scar – the stretch mark. Consequently, up to 90% of women get stretch marks from pregnancy. [2,3]